Welcome to TanyaTassi.com
Tanya Tassi works as the National Community Center Policy Manager for CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Centers, where she specializes in mobilization, advocacy, and education within the LGBTQ+ community.
She is the founder of the Los Angeles LGBT Center's Senior Mobilization Squad; a group consisting of older adults living in Los Angeles County who are dedicated to protecting and expanding the rights of the LGBTQ community.
Tanya is also the founder and former director of the One Voice Chorale; a musical group in Los Angeles County consisting of older adults with vocal, instrumental, dance, and artistic talents.
Tanya served two terms as a Commissioner for the Los Angeles County Commission on Aging. She is a volunteer educator for the National Resource Center on LGBT Aging, a member of
the Palm Springs Police Department's LGBTQ Outreach Committee, and is involved in disaster preparedness as part of her local Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Tanya received her degree in Administration of Justice with an emphasis on Sociology from Los Angeles Harbor College in December of 2019, graduating summa cum laude.
She earned her Human Rights Consultant certification from the US Institute of Diplomacy and Human Rights in 2021 and her Gerontology certification from the University of Southern California's Leonard Davis School of Gerontology in 2017. She is also a certified mindfulness practitioner as of 2021.
Tanya was the recipient of the 2017 Los Angeles County LINK Award for her outstanding service to the older adult community. In 2019, Tanya received the Broadwick Scholarship, awarded to females who have re-entered post-secondary education and excel academically.
Tanya is available to educate on the following topics:
- LGBTQ Advocacy 101
- LGBTQ Aging
- LGBTQ Cultural Sensitivity Training
- Older Adults: Mobilization And Advocacy
- End Of Life Care
- Depression, Anxiety, And Mindfulness
- Human Rights Education
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certification
- Human Rights Consultant
- Religious Literacy: Traditions and Scriptures: Harvard Divinity School
- Fundamentals of Gerontology: USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
- Cultural and Diversity Awareness: LA County Department of Mental Health
- Health and Service Foundational Skills: East Los Angeles College
- End of Life Care: National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Deans Honor Award, 2019
- Broadwick Scholarship Award, 2019
- Los Angeles College Dean's Honor List, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Los Angeles County Link Award, 2017
- NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging Ambassador
- American Society On Aging
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- University of Southern California Gerontology Association